Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Morbidly obese from the age of 12, and in a constant cycle of dieting and overeating from 17, I've tried all sorts of diets, from the easy to the downright eccentric.  Stuck in the cycle of losing a little then backsliding up and off the scales,  I became depressed and unfit for the physical strains of everyday life.  I dropped out of college, cut contact with friends, and buried my emotions in food.  My rock bottom has a number: 467lbs.  

With the combination of great support and effective therapy, I was able to gather the will to get healthier.  I bought a pair of supportive running shoes and waddled my way around the neighborhood, and by doing so have lost nearly 100lbs.  Still morbidly obese and driven inside by winter, I could sense the backslide coming.  

Then--by Providence--I won Five Seasons Family Sports Club's' "Making Fit Happen" contest.  The prize includes a gold membership, personal training sessions twice a week, nutritional counseling, and entry to local fitness events.  Follow me as I chronicle my journey--struggles and triumphs, highs and lows, growth and setbacks-- towards a lifetime of better health, all throughout this year!

Day 0, 378lbs

1 comment:

  1. Great job, Mark. I can't wait to see you shine.

    ReplyDelete