Sunday, September 7, 2014

On the Right Side of 300


The right side of 300 is obviously the side where the numbers don’t begin with three hundred, and, when I stepped on the scale yesterday, for the first time in nearly and a decade and a half, I weighed less than three hundred pounds!  A feeling of overwhelming exuberance overtook me, and I found myself smiling and smiling, in a prolonged state of glee.  And when this feeling subsided just enough for me to return to my rational senses, I went to loved ones, one-by-one, and recaptured, again and again, that state of joy for the rest of the afternoon.

The best number ever displayed from a most begrudging machine.
 All the unproductive dwelling, the setbacks from splurges of snacking, and the soreness earned by trying to make up for it, are some of the things which I had to endure in order to progress.  Along with my status as a three hundred pounder, I've consigned these things to the past, and am bound and determined not to backslide on either front.  This is the time in which healthy, life-long habits are inculcated, and as I work towards my next goal of 278lbs (which marks a hundred pounds since January 15) I really want to settle into the habits that will carry me going forward.  Talk to you soon!

Joseph and the Project




2 comments:

  1. GREAT JOB, MARK!!!! Keep going. Can't wait for our race this weekend, Susan G Komen Race for the Cure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither can I! Coney Island, here we come!!
      Join us! Register online through Friday or race day registrations opens at 7 am.
      http://www.komencincinnati.org/komen-race-for-the-cure/

      Delete