Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pigcasso in Training



When I set out this year to lead a healthier lifestyle with the help of Five Seasons Family Sports Club, I had no idea how many amazing doors it would open for me.  Before, I just thought that I had a lot of ‘work’ ahead of me; long hours at the club, gains made by copious amounts of pain, and no fun.  It didn't take long before I realized that that this journey is the total opposite: It is all about fun!  I enjoy going to the club, seeing new friends and receiving encouragement from total strangers.  Now that the weather has warmed, I’m enjoying getting out with newfound confidence, and taking an active part in life.

"Pigcasso in Training"

 I completed my first 5K at the Heart Mini Marathon in March.  I set a goal of an hour, and crossed the finish line in 53 minutes!  It was an unbelievable feeling, and now I’m addicted.  My next goal is to walk the 5K at the Flying Pig Marathon in under 50 minutes.  I went online to the Flying Pig Store (www.flyingpigstore.com) to get a "Pigcasso in Training" shirt (what fun!) to help motivate me.  I can’t wait for the race in May.



No comments:

Post a Comment